1. What is personal data?
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This may involve data that can be personally related to you, for example names, addresses, email addresses, or user behaviour.
2. Data Controller
The data controller pursuant to Article 4 no. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is KYB Europe GmbH, Fritz-Vomfelde-Str. 20 40547 Düsseldorf, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What personal data do we collect?
Our website is primarily for informational use. Interested users can inform themselves about our company and our products and services. The data and information we collect can be categorized as follows:
Automatically collected data: When you access and use our website, we automatically collect information, including personal data, about the technologies you use and information about how you use these and our website.
- Log files and device information: Log files contain data that your browser automatically transmits to our web server. These log files contain information about
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the request;
- the requested URL (the specific webpage);
- the access status/HTTP status code;
- the extent of transmitted data;
- the referrer-URL;
- the browser type and the browser language settings.
Data and information provided by you: If you contact us with general questions about our company and our products or write to us in case of issues with products, we will store and process your personal data transmitted with the inquiry. It is your free decision which information and data you provide to us. However, we reserve the right to reject inquiries which do not contain minimum information on your identity. If necessary, we will contact you and request further data and information in order to process your inquiry to your full satisfaction.
4. How do we use the data we collect from you? On what legal basis is the use based?
We use, store and process information, including personal data, on you, for the following purposes and on the following legal basis:
Provision, improvement, development and security of the websites: We use log files to make the website, including its functionalities, available to you. We also use the information and data to optimize our website and to ensure the security of our IT systems. For this purpose, your IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session.
We use log files as part of our legitimate interest in the availability and continuous development of our website. The legal basis for the use of the log files is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Analysis: We use the information and data generated by cookies to analyse the use of our website. This enables us to find out more about the number of visits to a web page, user behaviour or the length of your stay and to draw conclusions about which content on our website is particularly interesting and which is less interesting for visitors. We may take this into account in future updates and redesigns of our website.
Marketing and advertising: We also use the data from cookies and web beacons for advertising purposes, for example to display advertising on our website or on third-party websites. The data can provide information about how you navigate the Internet and which advertising you were particularly interested in because you clicked on it. This allows our advertising partners to target their advertising much more effectively and make recommendations based on your interests and preferences.
Communication: We use the data that we request from you or that you provide to us in connection with your enquiry when you contact us in order to respond to your enquiry as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The use of your data in the context of communication with you corresponds to our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. As far as it concerns a concrete inquiry to our products, in particular in case of an order, the use of your data is required for performance of the contract and/or for the performance of pre-contractual measures on your request in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
5. Will the data and information on me be shared with others?
We work with various service providers to deliver our website and to achieve the described purposes, i.e., to provide and visualise our websites and to perform marketing and advertisements. These are the following products that we have included on our websites and on which we inform you based on our level of knowledge:
- Google products: On our website we integrate products of Google, LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google collects and stores data using cookies that will be automatically placed on your computer (for cookies, see above). These are the following products:
- Google Analytics: For the already mentioned analysis purposes, we use the analytical service of Google, Google Analytics. Google Analytics is an analytical tool that provides us with information on the use of the website. For this purpose, we or Google place cookies on your computer which record your behaviour on our website and transmit it to Google. Google uses these data to compile analysis reports on the use of our website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
We activated the IP anonymization of Google Analytics. Prior to transmission to the Google servers in the US, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the EEA. That makes it untraceable. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the US and shortened there.
For more information on Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Google Youtube: To provide illustrative examples of our company and our work routines, we embed videos of YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, a company belonging to Google. Once you visit a website which contains a YouTube video, YouTube will place cookies on your device. Through these cookies YouTube obtains the information about your visit to our websites and whether you watched the video. Please note that we embedded the videos with activated “enhanced data protection mode”. That means that YouTube will not share the information with other services of Google, particularly not with its advertising network DoubleClick. However, YouTube may also assign this information to your member account in case you are a member of YouTube and logged into your member account. You can prevent YouTube from assigning the information with your member account by logging off from your member account before visiting our website. You will find further information about data protection by YouTube under the following link: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
- StatusCake: We use the application StatusCake by TrafficCake Limited, Third Floor, 12 East Passage, London EC1A 7LP, United Kingdom. StatusCake is a monitoring service which monitors the use and behavior of its components so its performance, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting can be improved. For this purpose, StatusCake places cookies on your computer which record your usage of our website. You will find further information about data protection by StatusCake under the following link: https://www.statuscake.com/privacy-policy/
- WordFence: We use the application WordFence by Defiant, Inc., 800 5th Ave., Suite 4100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA. WordFence is a website security service that monitors web traffic in order to maximize security and block attempted malicious attacks. For that purpose, WordFence places cookies on your computer and tracks and saves IP-addresses and user location. You will find further information about data protection by WordFence under the following link: https://www.wordfence.com/help/general-data-protection-regulation/
6. How long will my data be stored?
We only store your data provided to us for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the respective purpose for which you have transmitted your data to us or to comply with legal requirements.
Log files are erased once the respective session has ended. Log files for security purposes and as a precaution against attacks on our websites are automatically erased after 7 days at the latest.
The retention period for cookies and similar technologies varies from 24 hours up to 8 years.
7. Will data also be transmitted to recipients outside the European Union or outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
We share personal information with contractors located in non-EEA countries. In this case, we ensure that the recipient either has an adequate level of data protection (e.g., based on an adequacy decision of the EU Commission for the respective country, a self-certification of the recipient for the EU-US Privacy Shield or the agreement of so-called EU standard contractual clauses of the European Union with the recipient) or sufficient consent.
We can provide you with an overview of the recipients in third countries and a copy of the concretely agreed regulations to ensure the appropriate level of data protection. Please use the information in the section “Contact“ below.
8. What rights do I have?
In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have the right to access, rectification, portability and erasure of your personal data.
In case the data processing is justified by our legitimate interests, you have the right to object the data processing for the future, unless the data is absolutely necessary for operation of the websites (which is particularly the case with log files).
Your right of objection in connection with Google: You can prevent Google from storing cookies in various ways by
- setting your browser to not accept cookies. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of our website to their full extent;
- downloading and installing the browser add-on offered by Google for the product “Google Analytics” from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en;
- downloading and installing the browser add-on offered by Google under the following link in order to prevent Google from evaluating your interests in order to display user or interest-based advertising: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin;
- disabling interest-based ads from providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the http://www.aboutads.info/choices link, which will be deleted if you delete your cookies.
Your right of complaint to a supervisory authority: Without prejudice to the rights described above, you have the right of complaint to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, work or suspected infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 GDPR.
Data Protection Officer
Any data subject may, at any time, contact the Data Protection Officer of KYB Europe GmbH directly with all questions and suggestions concerning data protection either by email email@example.com or as follows:
Data Protection Officer of KYB Europe GmbH
– personally –
40547 Düsseldorf, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 211 538 059 – 174